Following Me

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

31 Days of Halloween - Day 1

We finished the styrofoam spiders today, they are cute and fun to make! 

Here is the final product!!

I am basically going to repeat what I put on the first day, but this time I will add pictures! 

If you have to buy everything to make this spider, it costs about $4.50 to make 2 spiders, and you will have supplies left over for another project. I paid $1.87 to make 2!!

You will need:

  1. Styrofoam Balls, one large one small (Dollar Store - They have a package that has a few different sizes, enough to make two spiders, perfect for thing one* and thing two**)
  2. Black Paint (I have found Wal-Mart to be the cheapest for paint, they have $0.54 acrylic paint, but I already had some)
  3. Black Pipe Cleaner (Bought these at Hobby Lobby for $0.87 for a package, but you can get them anywhere for less then a dollar)
  4. Googly Eyes (I already had - But you can get them at the Dollar Store)
  5. Toothpick (I already had)

Directions: 
1. Paint the Styrofoam balls black and let them dry. You need one small styrofoam ball for the head of the spider and a large one for the body. 

2. Once dry, connect the head and the body using the toothpick.

3. Cut 6, 3 inch pieces of black pipe cleaner. Bend each one to form a "Z" shape.
 
4. Poke 3 of pipe cleaners on to each side of the body to make legs. Once they are attached you may need to recut, bend, etc to make the spider stand up by itself.

5. Cut 2, 1 inch pieces of pipe cleaner, and bend one end to make a circle, for the antennas.  Poke them in to the top of the head and add the eyes. 

And there you have it, one cute spider to add to your Halloween decor (never thought you could have cute and spider in the same sentence, did you?)!!

Did you make a spider? How did it turn out? What things did you do different? I can't wait to hear how your spider project turned out!

Tomorrow we are going to make handprint bats! Another fun, easy project for the kiddos! See you tomorrow, to see how they turned out!

You can do it, if AshHas!!

Dont forget to follow me!!

*Thing one - My sweet little girl KayLee, she is 3!
**Thing two - My OTHER sweet little girl Kacie, she is 2!

I call them Thing One and Thing Two, because much like the Thing one and Thing Two in Dr. Seuss' Cat in the Hat, they are a tornado, but so cute at the same time! I hope this does not offend anyone that I call my children "Things", but it is not meant in any harsh or degrading way. Just a term of endearment that works for me and my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment