Following Me

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Yummy No Bake Cookies

I don't know what it is about this time of year, but it makes me want to make lots of treats! If you ask the hubster he will say I am the worst cook ever, which is not completely false, I mean I have burnt Macaroni and Cheese! 

Be warned, I have no culinary education, and never taken classes, I am going to teach myself! So if any of you cooks out there read this and see something I did wrong, POINT IT OUT, but please be nice! ;)

Point is, I hope to change that with this blog. I want to post recipes, and try them, so I can improve my cooking abilities! Who knows maybe in 2013 I will be crowned "Chef of the Year"! (Is there even such a thing?!)


Today I made No Bake Cookies, you would think since they are called NO BAKE I would not be able to screw them up... ya, your WRONG! I managed to mess them up! BUT in the process I learned a lesson... "'When making No Bake Cookies, you cannot try to multi task". I did, and ended up making the cookies taste burnt! However this is my Moms recipe and they are supposed to be so yummy, so I am going to tell you the recipe anyway and just tell you where I think I messed up!

Ingredients:
2 cups Sugar
1/2 cup Milk
1/4 cup Cocoa
1/2 cup Butter
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 tsp. Vanilla
4 cups Oats

Directions:
1. On medium heat, combine sugar, milk and cocoa in a large saucepan and stir until it boils.
2. Once boiling, stir for 1 min.
3. Add butter and peanut butter, and stir until melted.
4. Add vanilla and oats.
5. Stir until the oats are nicely coated.
6. Drop oats by the tablespoon on wax paper.
7. Allow the cookies to set for a bit to set up. 

Refrigerate to set them up faster.  I like to store mine in the refrigerator.


So where the heck could one manage to mess this up!? Step 2 and 3 is where I think it happened. I think I let it boil for too long on too high of heat and it burnt them... So, make sure you keep the heat at MEDIUM and only let it boil for 1 min before moving on to the next step! Another thing I would recommend... Have the butter and peanut butter ready before you start step 2, so all you have to do is throw them in.

Try them out and let me know what you think?! What things have you managed to mess up while cooking? 

Don't forget to follow me so you can keep up with this madness! Thanks!!!


 You can do it if AshHas!!

1 comment:

  1. I just want to say, I tried some of these and they didn't taste burnt to me. They were actually delicious!! And P. S. thanks for letting my girls participate in your activities!

    ReplyDelete