Following Me

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Hole Filler!

Warning, I am not in any way, shape, or form a professional hole filler. See, I dont even know what its called! This is not intended to guide or teach the right way to do this. This is just what I did, and it looks good, so I would say I didn't do too bad.

Behind this piece of wood is a big hole! No, that is now how I filled the hole. Good idea though, just cover it then no one knows! lol


So I removed the wood and look what it looks like... yucky!


While I was filling this I would not let #1(my oldest daughter) in the bathroom or she would have freaked out! She is terrified of holes, she is convinced that there are monsters in any and all holes, so to prevent a melt down, I blocked the bathroom off until I was done! lol (should have taken a pic of it! Oh well!)

So I put this mesh tape stuff up,  over the hole, and then caked the mud on (actually it was spackel). Waiting for it to dry, took FOREVER! I have the kind that goes on pink and when it turns white it is dry. I did this at like 7pm. I was not ready until about 2pm the next day!  I used a LOT!

Finally it dried, and I sanded the crap out of it to make it feel smooth. I think there is a step that you make it kind of textured(ish) I did not have the stuff for that, so I skipped it. Oh well!

Put a couple coats of primer, paint and done!

Not too difficult! AND it does not look too bad!
What did I miss? Besides getting the hole filler license part?

You can do it, if AshHas
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment