Following Me

Monday, March 18, 2013

Vintage Chair?

I am ssssslllllooooowwwwwllllllyyyyyy redoing my house! And by slowly I mean, I have lived here for almost 2 years and done 2 almost 3 rooms so far! I have a long way to go!

My front room I want that, old fashioned, modern, but vintage look? Is there such a thing? I am not even sure what it is called. I have not been able to find pictures of it, cuz I am really not sure if that is even what I want... confused? Ya, me too! But when I see something that I want for it, I know it! Eventually it will be done and I will be able to just show you!

I just finished my seating area (well kind of, I still want to make some pillows and finish the window), but I still like it! I have caught myself walking down the stairs and stopping just to look at it for a second! It is the first place in my house that I am actually excited about what I did to it!! The picture doesn't give it much justice, but it really does look good!

What do you think?

I found the chairs at the Deseret (Deseret Industries)! The rocking chair was $15, the other was $5. They were in pretty rough shape! But... with some spray paint, and fabric, you have some beautiful vintage, modern, chairs!

Refinishing them was SOOO easy! I did not take pictures of it, sorry!

Take off all the cushions, sand, spray, scuff and BAM! Done!

To reupholster un stitch the old stuff, (be sure to take a mental note of how it was put together so you can put it back together) trace it on the new material, cut it out, sew it together, and put it back on. It is really easier then it looks! I PROMISE!

Once the chair is painted, the cushions are reupholstered, put them together, you might have to screw them on, tie them on, or nail them on.


And there you have it, a pair of gorgeous chairs!

The table, I have wanted for the whole 2 years I lived here, I have just never found it! I was a Gordman's the other day! AMAZING store, if you have not been I suggest you go, and bring lots of money! I found that table for $40, 20% off coupon, made it $32 bucks! For the EXACT table I have been wanting I was willing to spend that!

 











Then a cute kind of old fashioned clock and saying completes the table.

This whole look cost less then $80! What a steal of a deal!

What are some of your favorite areas of your house? What project are you most proud of?

Thanks for stopping by!

You can do it, if AshHas!!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Awesome ash! I love this!!! So cute. And yes vintage is the style that it looks. It looks very Audrey Hepburny :) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cayli! I love that, Audrey Hepburn, that is it I think! I'll have to look into that! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete