Following Me

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

MMMMMM..... Banana Bread

I have had some bananas for about a week and have been meaning to make banana bread with them. I have this recipe that I love... the problem is it calls for sour MILK... I find that kinda grouse so I just use regular fresh milk. Anyway, when I went to look at the recipe to make sure I had everything for it I saw sour MILK and thought sour CREAM, which I did not have. 


So every time I went to the store I would forget to get sour cream. I know, how do you forget something that is on your list? That's the thing I didn't make a list. In fact don't make lists very often, I went grocery shopping today WITHOUT a list. I need to take some advice from those uber organized bloggers that makes a menu, grocery list, checks the ads, coupons, and then shops for 6 months worth of food. But... that takes too much effort. Michalena's Wheels and Cheese is a regular around here, pull it out of the freezer microwave it for 3 min, stir and serve. That is my kind of meal. Oh, we totally had them today for lunch. I even had the kids use plastic forks so I didn't have to do dishes! Hehe New years resolution, get organized, stop eating yummy but really crappy food!

Anyway, back to banana bread.  Sure, I thought that it was odd that banana bread would call for sour cream, but my sugar cookie recipe calls for sour cream, which I think is weird so I didn't really think anything of it. Remember, I am no chef! That is why my kids have frozen mac and cheese. So I finally remembered to get sour cream, went home, set out everything I needed for the ingredients pic, including the sour cream, and started making my banana bread... finally... about 2 weeks after I decided to make it to begin with!

It was not until step 4 that I realized my mistake. Thankfully I had not put the sour cream in the bread! But who knows... Maybe it would have turned out great... isn't that how most inventions happened, by accident?! I could have become famous! What was I thinking!?

Okay now for real her you go with the bread!! I hope you like it as much as I do!


Ingredients:

2 c. Flour
3/4 c. Sugar
1 T. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 c. Applesauce
1 1/2 c. Smashed Ripe Bananas (about 3-4 bananas)
2 Eggs
1/4 Milk
1 tsp Vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients. 

Mash up the bananas. My bananas were a little too ripe... but oh well. Maybe this will teach me to make a list from now on!!

In a separate bowl mix all the liquid ingredients. 

Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. 

 Stir until the flour mixture is completely moistened. 

 Set mixture aside. Grease and flour 1 bread pan or 2-3 small pans. 

 Pour mixture into the pan(s) 1/2 full.

Bake large loaf for 1 hour, less time is needed for the smaller loaf pans. Ensure the bread is done when a toothpick comes out clean. 

Remove the bread from the pan by turning the pan upside down and gently tapping on the pan. Top the bread with butter while hot.  Enjoy hot or cooled.

Let me know if you try it and like it. If you try it and don't like it, I don't really care, don't tell me!

Don't forget to follow me! I am up to a whopping 9 followers!!! Remember 50 followers and I am going to have a giveaway!! Only those following can participate!!

Anyway Happy Wednesday!

You can do it if AshHas!
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment